Wednesday 10 October 2012

Lead me. Please.

                 Anaïs Nin

Despite being separated officially for only 6 months, I feel very ready to move on.  

Well intentioned friends keep telling me 'the professionals say wait at least 2 years before you resume a new relationship'.  In all honesty dear friends, you have no understanding of this heart of mine nor the road it has walked over the last 14-16 years.  

Am I needy to admit I want to be loved? That I crave to be touched and cherished? 

I've had the fortune recently to experience a very brief but intense relationship.  Sadly it ended rather tragically, but still...it gave me a window into what really being in love is.  It is wonderful.   And, I want someone to love and someone to love me in return.

I especially love this quote by Anais Nin


“I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don’t mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don’t mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling, be all that I am capable of doing, but I am going to be pursued, fucked, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding.”


Me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment